Boston Latin School. (Photo: Flickr/Creative Commons)
U.S. News & World Report has released its annual rankings for the best public schools in the country. For the second year in a row, Boston Latin School tops the list in Massachusetts with Advanced Math and Science Academy Charter School in Marlborough coming in at No. 2.
To generate their rankings, U.S. News examined more than 20,500 public high schools across the country, assigning the best performing schools gold, silver, or bronze medals to indicate "level of college readiness."
While only two New England schools made the nationwide Top 100 (Boston Latin at #48 and Amistad Academy in New Haven at #55), Massachusetts had the highest percentage of schools receive gold or silver designations. "Among the many Massachusetts schools in the 2018 rankings of U.S. News Best High Schools, 20 were awarded gold medals, 71 earned silver medals and 22 received bronze medals," says the Report.
See the Top 10 Public School in Massachusetts below, and check out the full rankings here.
- Boston Latin School, Boston
- Advanced Math and Science Academy Charter School, Marlborough
- Mystic Valley Regional Charter School, Malden
- Lenox Memorial High School, Lenox
- Hopkinton High School, Hopkinton
- Boston Latin Academy, Dorchester
- Medfield Senior High School, Medfield
- Dover-Sherborn Regional High School, Dover
- Arlington High School, Arlington
- John D. O’Bryant School of Mathematics and Science, Roxbury