1. The poisoned apple in Snow White’s Scary Adventures ride is now a hologram because so many people used to steal the real prop.
2. It takes 40 hours to repaint each of the 68 horses on King Arthur Carrousel. (They’re repainted every two years.)
3. Each year Disneyland serves 2.8 million churros.
4. Walt Disney originally imagined Disneyland as an 8-acre park. When it opened in 1955, it was 85 acres.
5. Some of the delicious smells on Main Street are natural…but other smells — like vanilla and peppermint — are pumped out through vents.
6. Disneyland collects approximately 200,000 items a year in its lost and found area.
7. The Pirates of the Caribbean has 128 audio-animatronics in it — 75 are pirates and villagers, and 53 are animals.
8. There are 10 cast members (employees) whose jobs are to make holiday decorations all year long.
9. Doritos were actually invented in Frontierland by Frito-Lay at the company’s restaurant, Casa de Fritos.
10. Gum has never been sold at the park because Walt Disney didn’t want gum to be stuck everywhere.