We sparked a fierce debt in the office after (much like everyone) seeing the updated live version of Disney's Beauty and The Beast this weekend - which version is better. Now it's always hard to outshine a classic like the 1991 version of Beauty and Beast and I don't want to take anything away from it, but here are my thoughts.
1. Belle’s home town - live version you get to see the entire town and people that live there.
2. Gaston’s song - This scene is just a impressive as the opening above. The timing and the color and casting make you feel like you are part of the scene.
3. That ballroom scene - The original is a classic and ahead of it's time from an animation standpoint but I really felt like I was in the ballroom at the end of the movie with Belle.
4. Beast - his solo Evermore is just over the top!
5. Celine Dion - Having her sing a brand new song was a stroke of genius!
6. The humour - Every character has a moment to bring the funny!