My family is obsessed with the "SELL BY DATE" and constantly are throwing things away. However, here are 12 items you can safely use past the sell by date.
- Bread - in fridge - 2 weeks
- Hard Cheese - hard cheese can be used well past the sell by date. If there is mold, just cut it off.
- Yogurt - generally 2 weeks but if it smells bad don't take chance
- Eggs - 3 weeks
- Cookies - 3 weeks
- Chocolate - no harm eating well past the sell by date - worse case break up and use in cookies
- Pasta - one year
- Preserved foods - pickles, beets (anything salted or acidic vinegar)- 2 years
- Canned Beans - 4 years
- Alcohol - indefinitely! AWESOME
- Frozen veggies - indefinitely!
- Milk - as long as it doesn't smell and it tastes fine there is no need to worry about the sell by date.