PHOTO: Getty Images
Heading out to cheer on the Boston Marathon runner on Monday? The Boston Athletic Association has released a list of items that will be prohibited along the race route in high-security areas.
In addition to bringing personal items in clear, plastic bags, officials are asking spectators to leave the following items at home:
- Weapons, including firearms, knives, and mace.
- Backpacks, over-the-shoulder bags, and suitcases.
- Coolers, glass containers, cans, or anything that could hold more than a liter of liquid.
- Flammable liquids, fuels, fireworks, and explosives.
- Blankets, comforters, and sleeping bags.
- Any costume material that covers the face, or bulky costumes that extend from the body.
- Props, such as sporting equipment, or military and fire gear.