Rumors are swirling about a new announcement from Apple as soon as next week.
New iPads and updated iPhones are the main talk, but it's the September announcement of the next iPhone that has everyone buzzing.
Called the iPhone 8 until Apple releases the official name, it will be the 10th anniversary of the iPhone and is expected to have major changes and features.
Here's the rumored features so far...
- Apple's next-generation processor (perhaps the A10X or A11)
- Glass and stainless steel body
- Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display
- A variety of possible sizes, including 5.8-inch, 5.5-inch, 5-inch, and 4.7-inch models
- Wireless charging
- USB-C connectivity, perhaps replacing Apple's Lightning connector
- Virtual home button (or perhaps no home button)
- Enhanced water resistance
- Dual-lens camera-enabled AR capabilities
- Support for the Apple Pencil
- An alternative to Touch ID such as a face or iris scanner or acoustic fingerprint sensor (!)
- 3GB of RAM plus more storage, with a new 64GB base model and 256GB top tier model
- New colors, including red
- A heftier price tag, which could exceed $1,000
For a full breakdown of everything head over here
Photo: Getty Images