I signed up for the Flying Pig 3- Way Challenge on Halloween Weekend! Saturday I'll run a 5k, and then the 10K an hour later followed by the half on Sunday. This will be my first big race in two years and first time doing a challenge like this!
I'm not sure I'm ready.
My tips for running:
- Take it slow. I do this whenever I start a run or if I'm really tired. My body naturally picks up the pace when its ready.
- Make a plan. Having a calendar in front of you will help you stay on course.
- Have a friend. To either run with or text when you need a pick me up.
- Get the right shoes and socks that fit your feet and body. Visiting a run stores is always the best.
- I'm testing out having two longer runs back to back as i get closer to race weekend. This will get me use to running back to back. This will be my first time doing that.
- I have to force myself to foam roll again.... not looking forward to that .
- Stay positive, and speak positive. I'm afraid since I've been out of the game for so long that my mental grit won't be as strong as in years past so I have to find a balance ( if possible) on mental toughness and giving myself grace.
PS we all know that the post race beer is the real reason we do it.... so in the above picture I'm practicing that as well...
We can connect @thetiffpotter if you have advice or if you're running too!